Are you a fashion enthusiast and want to make a career out of it? Then there is an utmost thing you will need to be aware of while choosing your path in fashion.
It’s always better to be aware of things prior. If you are looking at this, then if I’m not wrong, you are probably a fresher. So, here we will discuss the difference between fashion technology and fashion design.
Your job as a fashion designer is truly all about creativity, and you will require holding some fashion design skills, which you will build while studying a fashion design course. Choose the right one that’s leading like – Hamstech. Before that, let’s get started with fashion technology vs fashion designing.
Fashion Technology vs Fashion Designing
Although each of the streams addresses fashion trends, fashion designing exists in crafting first-rate fashion garments and accessories. Fashion designers develop visible abilities for imparting an innovative expression of dress on paper into a real-time design.
Credits – our-team
What is Fashion Technology?
Fashion technology is the technical component of textiles and yarns for generating excellent materials. It’s about improving creativity and mapping style traits on fibres with the use of fabric manufacturing techniques.
Fashion Design is about comprehending the varied facets of styles and fit that suits a person as per their lifestyle and functionality.
Whereas, Fashion Technology is about engineering large-scale manufacturing of garments with prototype technologies like 3D printing.
Now, you are aware of the difference between fashion technology vs fashion design. So, let’s start on how to pave a successful path in fashion technology.
In order to pave a professional path in any of the streams it’s advisable to go for a graduate course to input the required skills. Do you agree? Below, we will discuss BSc in Fashion Technology, Eligibility Criteria, Syllabus, Career Options and Job Prospects.
BSc in Fashion Technology
A 3 years undergraduate degree programme for fashion aspirants that teaches the industry of fashion technology, which is involved the art of crafting fabrics that are pleasing and attractive.
BSc in Fashion Technology introduces the core garment manufacturing techniques, technologies and applications to the candidates and inculcates skills to contribute to the modern fashion world.
To pursue BSc in Fashion Technology, an aspirant has to fulfil all the eligibility criteria set by a college. The minimum eligibility criteria might vary from one college to another. Check out the general eligibility criteria below:
- Candidates with class 12 certificates, preferably in the science stream from any recognised board, are eligible.
- 55% marks in class 10th, as well as class 12th, is the minimum aggregate score required for admission.
- Candidates who are willing to pursue further can also apply for admission in BSc Fashion Technology after completion of a diploma degree in the relevant stream.
The admission procedures for colleges that offer BSc in Fashion Technology is different, based on their own criteria. Mentioned below are some that a candidate will come across while applying for admission to BSc Fashion Technology.
- Admission to the candidates is based on their performance in the university or common entrance exam.
- After qualifying in the entrance exam, the student must undergo a Group Discussion followed by a Personal Interaction round, which totally depends on the process of the desired college.
- Whereas, some offer admissions based on merit in the qualifying examination.
- Individual college has a different set of admission process and make sure you go through it carefully.
Credits – freepik
BSc Fashion is curated into six semesters in which the topics covered are as follows:
- Essential Language Skills
- Introduction to Fashion
- Textile Craft
- Fashion Marketing
- Design Concept
- Elements of Design
- Fabric Manufacturing
- Basic Sewing
- Basic Textiles
- Fashion Modeling Drawing
- Pattern Making & Construction
- Home Textiles
- Dyeing & Printing
- Fashion Illustrations
- Computer-Aided Design
- Fashion Accessories
- Apparel Production & Quality Control
- Draping & Grading
- Fashion Research
- Textile Design
After BSc in Fashion Technology, students can look out to build a career or higher education to pursue, like M.E., M.Tech., M.Sc. and more. The job opportunities that you can explore after your BSc in Fashion Technology are as follows:
- Fashion Designer
- Fashion Coordinator
- Business Development Officer
- Logistic Executive
- E-Commerce Manager
- Fashion Designing Faculty
As we promised to talk about Hamstech later, it’s time for it now. Why Hamstech would be the right choice? Because –
- It is the leading design college in Hyderabad with 30 decades of experience
- Learn from industry-leading fashion designer Neeta Lulla
- Learn with practical learning methodology through webinars and workshops
- Easily step into the professional career with 300+ placement partners
- Gain real-time experience and prove talents with the annual event – TheHLable Fashion Show
- Able to choose from 6 different fashion design courses ranging from bachelor to diploma to certificate
- Can be part of interactive guest lectures with professionals
If you want to feel the comfort at home and learn fashion concepts with all these advantages. Then this is possible with the Hamstech app which possesses all the above features.
I know you are occupied with all the advantages that it offers. Then why late? Enrol in your favourite course and become a professional.