Bakers now have many opportunities to take their baking hobby to the next level. Many people who are thinking about changing their profession to baking, need to take up a course to understand the nuances of it. There are a lot of things that are involved in baking. Different recipes demand different baking techniques that you need to master over time. To get better at baking, you have to keep trying out new recipes from time to time. If you are interested in baking, you naturally tend to bake more often. You’ll be excited to try new recipes and work with new ingredients. As a baker it’s important to keep expanding your knowledge base with advanced recipes and difficult techniques. When you have extensive knowledge about baking, there is a lot more that you can do!
Hamstech offers a short baking course that’s perfect for beginners and people who are enthusiastic about baking. This course aims to introduce you to some of the basic techniques, processes and ingredients involved in baking. Right from getting the mix right to finishing your cake with icing, there are many techniques involved. When you master the basics, it gets easier to improvise and build new recipes on it. There is a lot that you can learn with this course. Let’s get started with some tips that can help you get better at baking. You might have come across these already, but it’s never too late to start using them! Seeing them time and gain everywhere only proves how important they are in baking!
How to Get Better at Baking?
- The recipe is your holy grail. Can’t stress enough about how important it is to follow the recipe. Baking is a science, where you need to bake at certain temperatures, know the order of the processes involved, so keep it simple by following the recipe. After a lot of practice and overtime, you automatically know what to do!
- Make sure your ingredients are fresh. An ingredient gives out much flavour and is at its best when used fresh. Especially ingredients like baking powder are only effective for a limited period of time. Even spices start smelling dusty and lose their aroma after a few months!
- Don’t over mix the dough or batter. It should be the right consistency to be able to rise and become fluffy. Over mixing it can ruin the texture and make it way denser. You do want your cakes to be moist and soft right?
- Check how you need to prepare your oven for baking depending on the recipe. Many recipes will require you to preheat the oven for a certain amount of time at a fixed temperature. So be sure of it, before you start working with your ingredients. Especially when you are working on a deadline, these are some mistakes that you can avoid.
- Whipping egg whites is a big part of baking. Be it for your whipping cream or icing or meringue. You should know when to stop whipping it. Over whipping will yield undesirable results and there is no way to fix that. You’ll have to start again from the beginning. So play close attention to your whipper and stop whipping as soon as you start noticing soft peaks!
Also Read: BAKING AS A FULL TIME CAREER AND IT’S SCOPE
3 Month Course in Baking
Baking is a globally-popular professional field which is booming and in huge demand. With the right kind of Baking courses, you will learn to bake over 50 recipes of cakes, pastries, doughnuts and so much more. To become a successful baker, from baking a different variety of this delicious delicacy to styling it and making it look appealing – you have to ace it all. Since there is so much to learn in order to become a professional in this field, it is important that you choose a college and a course that fulfils all your needs. Hamstech, with its experience of over 28 years in the field of creative education, is known as one of the best institutes to learn Baking. With our carefully-curated professional Cake Baking courses, you will master this artistic field. Our course is perfect for beginners or if you want to improve your Baking, icing or food styling abilities.
As it’s a 3 month course, all the important parts of baking are covered. This includes ingredients knowledge, learning about baking equipment, working with an oven and more. The content starts with knowing types of flours used in baking(1), yeast and bread science and then moves on to cakes and cake making processes, cookie types, recipe balancing and food science basics. The other things that you’ll be learning as a part of this course are sugar craft basics, basics of food styling, understanding costing and leavening ingredients. You’ll also be having special sessions on How to start your own business – Food photography, Food styling and online selling!
There are different kinds of career opportunities for bakers these days. With baking becoming a crowd favourite, we see a lot of new bakeries, patisseries & dessert joints popping up all around the country. Many bakers are working on elevating local and native ingredients through their baking recipes. Home bakers, Cake stylists, Wedding cake makers, dessert specialists, Artisan bread specialists and Confectionary bakers are some of the career opportunities that you can pursue after the completion of this baking course from Hamstech.
Visit Hamstech’s official website and sign up for this baking course right away!