BA in interior designing is an undergraduate programme curated into semesters that concentrate on subjecting knowledge on designing interiors, interior decors, etc., as per the latest styles and trends in the fashionable interior world.
To gain a Bachelor’s Degree In Interior Designing, you’ll need to know much more before stepping in. If this is pulling you in, just keep going through the blog!
Before stepping into an interior designing course, there is noticeably more to take into consideration, like – eligibility, admissions process, scope and careers, etc.
Bachelor of Interior Design: Course Details
BA in Interior Design Course Highlights
The course highlights of a BA in the Interior Design program are:
Course level – Graduation
Full form – Bachelor of Arts in Interior Design
Duration – 3 years
Examination type – Semesters
Eligibility – 10+2 pass from a recognised Indian education board
Admission process – Entrance Exam or Merit-based direct admission
Average salary – INR 2 to 9,30,000 per annum
Top recruiters – Ace Interiors, Space Matrix, Livspace, Spacewood, etc.
Job roles – Interior Designer, Interior Decorator, Exhibition Designer, Lighting Designer, Kitchen Designer, etc.
About BA in Interior Designing
- BA in interior design aids in both theoretical and practical knowledge of designing interiors and fashion items for decor and styling them.
- The syllabus includes providing professional training through project-based learning in the progressing the creative design solutions for interior spaces.
- With a bachelor’s degree in interior designing, graduates can work as Interior Designers, Interior Decorators, Exhibition Designers, etc and earn an average salary of INR 3-7 lakhs per annum.
The eligibility criteria for admission into BA in Interior Design might differ from college to college, and the general criteria for a student are as follows:
- Must have completed 10+2 from a recognized board holding a minimum of 50% aggregate marks.
- Must have good communication skills and English as a subject in the last qualifying examination.
- Must have reached an age of no less than 17 years.
Most of the top Indian institutes offering BA in interior design courses and the admissions are through an entrance examination. Also, there are Indian institutes that prefer admitting based on Merit-based direct admission. Let’s check out both criteria below.
The procedure for merit-based admission to BA Interior Design Course in India is:
Candidates have to register themselves online by filling in the necessary details in the application form correctly and paying the requisite amount of the application fee for a successful application. Finally, the college publishes the list of selected students.
The procedure for entrance exam-based admission is as-
Students have to register on the official website of the desired college/university by filling out the application form with the correct details for the entrance examination. After examination, seats will be allotted to candidates based on their scores, whereas in some colleges, they conduct personal interviews and group discussions for admitting students. Finally, if students meet all the eligibility criteria, they will then be offered admission to the course.
BA in Interior Design Syllabus
Fundamentals of Design
Materials and construction
AECC 2- Environmental Control
Interior Design Studio
History of Design
Working Drawing and Details
Interior Design studio-II
Revitalization of arts and crafts
Why Study BA in Interior Designing?
BA in Interior Design is a graduate-level course that imparts the students to indulge in the skills and creativity in the industry. Besides, it provides great exposure to practical knowledge in the various aspects of interior design.
- BA in Interior Designing is a flexible course that provides diverse opportunities to students irrespective of streams like – Science or Commerce.
- This course is best suited for students with a creative flair and appreciation for planning spaces.
- This course presents the students with the necessary creative and entrepreneurial skills to become desirable employees in the industry.
- This course provides a competent degree to the students to utilise their creativity to the fullest, which makes them eligible to open their very own businesses.
- With the ever-changing styles in the field of interiors, it is full of opportunities which often offer great pay packages and after completing this course successfully, the students can get a ticket to the glamour world through different job profiles.
- The course also opens up the future, like advanced studies and research in the field. Students can advance their skills with a master’s degree in the field overseas and continue doing their PhD or research.
Now you have a grasp of a bachelor’s degree in interior designing and are aware of the path to follow upon. But there is an utmost thing to take into account – that’s choosing a college to start your course.
There might be various colleges that offer a bachelor of interior design course as an academic discipline. But choosing the right one that benefits you is the key to a successful career. Don’t worry, I will suggest that as well.
Hamstech – a college of creative education in Hyderabad that’s leading with 3 decades of experience. And also it is a well-known interior design college that offers its best to the aspirants with the:
- expert faculty with 20+ years of experience
- industry expert – Shabnam Gupta as a celebrity mentor
- 400+ placement partners
- InteriYour annual show
- webinars and workshops for practical knowledge and much more.
What could be the best choice than this with lots of benefits? So what are you waiting for? Download the Hamstech App or log onto www.hamstech.com or visit the nearest centre among the 8 Hamstech centres spread across the city to enrol for your favourite course.