BA in fashion designing is an undergraduate programme curated into semesters that concentrate on subjecting knowledge on designing clothes, fashion accessories, etc., as per the latest styles and trends in the fashion world.
To gain a Bachelor’s Degree In Fashion Designing, you’ll need to know much more before stepping in. If this is pulling you in, just keep going through the blog!
Before stepping into a fashion designing course, there is noticeably more to take into consideration, like – eligibility, admissions process, scope and careers, etc.
Bachelor of Fashion Design Course Details
BA in Fashion Design Course Highlights
The course highlights of a BA in Fashion Design program is:
Course level – Graduation
Full form – Bachelor of Arts in Fashion Design
Duration – 3 years
Examination type – Semesters
Eligibility – 10+2 pass from a recognised Indian education board
Admission process – Entrance Exam or Merit-based direct admission
Average salary – INR 2 to 9,30,000 per annum
Top recruiters – Raymonds, Levi’s, Fab India, Pantaloons, Shoppers Stop, Lifestyle, etc.
Job roles – Fashion Designer, Costume Designer, Fashion Stylist, Trend Forecaster, etc.
About BA in Fashion Designing
- BA in fashion design aids in both theoretical and practical knowledge of designing fashion clothing items and styling accessories.
- The syllabus includes Fashion Studio, History of Fashion, Fashion Marketing, Portfolio and much more.
- With a bachelor’s degree in fashion designing, graduates can work as Fashion Designers, Textile Designers, Fashion Stylists, Design Managers, etc and earn an average salary of INR 4-6 lakhs per annum.
The eligibility criteria for admission into BA in Fashion Design might differ from college to college, and the general criteria for a student are as follows:
- Must have completed 10+2 from a recognized board holding a minimum of 50% aggregate marks.
- Must have good communication skills and English as a subject in the last qualifying examination.
- Must have reached an age of no less than 17 years.
Most of the top Indian institutes offering BA in fashion design courses and the admissions are through an entrance examination. Also, there are Indian institutes that prefer admitting based on Merit-based direct admission. Let’s check out both criteria below.
The procedure for merit-based admission to BA Fashion Design Course in India is:
Candidates have to register themselves online by filling in the necessary details in the application form correctly and paying the requisite amount of the application fee for a successful application. Finally, the college publishes the list of selected students.
The procedure for entrance exam-based admission is as:
Students have to register on the official website of the desired college/university by filling out the application form with the correct details for the entrance examination. After examination, seats will be allotted to candidates based on their scores, whereas in some colleges, they conduct personal interviews and group discussions for admitting students. Finally, if students meet all the eligibility criteria, they will then be offered admission to the course.
BA in Fashion Design Syllabus
Fundamentals of Textile Science and Apparel Construction
Fashion Art and Illustration-I
Fashion Art and Illustration-II
History of World Costumes
Discipline Subject Electives
Why Study BA in Fashion Designing?
BA in Fashion Design is a graduate-level course that imparts the students to indulge in the skills and creativity in the fashion industry. Besides, it provides great exposure to practical knowledge in the various aspects of fashion.
- BA in Fashion Designing is a flexible course that provides diverse opportunities to students irrespective of streams like – Science or Commerce.
- This course is best suited for students with a creative flair and appreciation for fashion.
- This course presents the students with the necessary creative and entrepreneurial skills to become desirable employees in the fashion industry.
- This course provides a competent degree to the students to utilise their fashion creativity to the fullest, which makes them eligible to open their very own fashion house.
- With the ever-changing styles in the fashion industry, it is full of opportunities which often offer great pay packages and after completing this course successfully, the students can get a ticket to the glamour world through different job profiles.
- The course also opens up the future, like advanced studies and research in the field. Students can advance their skills with a master’s degree in the field overseas and continue doing their PhD or research.
Now you have a grasp of a bachelor’s degree in fashion designing and are aware of the path to follow upon. But there is an utmost thing to take into account – that’s choosing a college to start your course.
There might be various colleges that offer a bachelor of fashion design course as an academic discipline. But choosing the right one that benefits you is the key to a successful career. Don’t worry, I will suggest that as well.
Hamstech – a college of creative education in Hyderabad that’s leading with 3 decades of experience. And also it is a well-known fashion design college that offers its best to the aspirants with the:
- expert faculty with 20+ years of experience
- industry expert – Neeta Lulla as a celebrity mentor
- 400+ placement partners
- TheHLable annual fashion shows
- webinars and workshops for practical knowledge and much more.
What could be the best choice than this with lots of benefits? So what are you waiting for? Download the Hamstech App or log onto www.hamstech.com or visit the nearest centre among the 8 Hamstech centres spread across the city to enrol for your favourite course.