Khadi is one of those textiles that have stayed for decades now. It was invented at the time of India’s freedom movement as a sign of revolution against western clothes. In the last decade, it has come back as a new fashion statement. These days, Fashion Design schools teach the students the art of creating garments from this unique fabric.
Check out few interesting facts that make Khadi different:
- Keeps you cool in summer: khadi is made of cotton and is hand spun. During unbearable summers, this fabric releases heat and keeps you cool.
- Keeps you warm in winters: there are khadis that are made of pure wool. The jackets and waistcoats made of khadi make you stylish and keep you warm.
- Exclusivity: what is interesting is the fact that no two pieces of khadi are the same. The artisans make sure to create exclusive pieces every time and gives you a distinct style.
- Eco-friendly: designers have been struggling to create garments that don’t harm the environment. Made of natural fibers, khadi produces no toxic element.
- Women artisans: one of the most interesting facts about khadi is that 70% of its weavers are women. The emergence of khadi became a pioneer in women empowerment. The tradition has followed since then.
Learning about fabrics can be interesting. Enrol in a diploma in Fashion Designing with Hamstech and learn from the experts.