Interior Design Syllabus! Interior design is the art and science of upgrading the interior spaces of a building to attain a healthier and more aesthetically engaging atmosphere for the people. An interior designer is one who researches and manages such enhancement and new projects.
If you are planning your promising career as a professional interior designer, you will need to pursue a course like BA in Interior Design. So, before enrolling, let’s study all about it–course highlights, eligibility and Interior Design course syllabus. Read on!
To achieve your desired position, you will need to pursue a course according to it. Coming to itfirst, you’ll need to join an interior design course. Hamstech offers BA Interior design course. Enrol now!
About BA in Interior Design
BA Interior Design Course is an undergraduate programme that is applied across 3 years. This course emphasises the principles applied while designing interior spaces. This course is constructed to assist students to gain knowledge of structuring, setting of lights, placement of objects and colour combinations, which can help to turn the environment lively.
B.A. Interior Design is a 3 years course divided into six semesters in which equal focus is spread on theoretical and practical learnings. And this is a career-oriented programme that handles the topics regarding principles of designing, drafting, space planning, the theory of colours and the study of software for developing designs.
Countless opportunities are open after completion of a B.A. Interior Design. The purpose of this course is to deliver skillfulness about the multiple tools and principles of interior designing and to raise expert professionals.
The overview of the B.A. Interior Design course is:
|Course||BA in Interior Design|
|Eligibility Criteria||Class 12 with 50% aggregate score|
|Job Profiles||Product Designer, Interior Architect, Interior Designer, Interior Decorator, Design Journalist and more|
|Salary||INR 2 – 10 Lakhs|
The eligibility criteria for a BA Interior Design alter between different colleges. But, below are the basic requirements that an individual must satisfy.
- Candidate must have completed their class 12 from a recognized board of education.
- Whereas some colleges have set up an aggregate score of 50%. However, this might also differ for each institution.
To be a part of the admission process, the applicant must satisfy the minimum eligibility criteria and following is what a candidate has to go through
- Few colleges shortlist candidates directly based on the marks secured in class 12.
- Whereas some colleges conduct a separate entrance exam to strain out the deserving candidates.
- And the main thing is that candidates have to fill out the application form of the desired college before the deadline to be a part of the application process.
BA Interior Design Syllabus
Below is the semester-wise list of the BA Interior Design syllabus.
- Interior Design Studio I
- Interior Materials and Products I
- History of Interior Design I
- Basic Design Studio I
- Interior Drawings and Rep. Skills I
- Interior Construction I
- Interior Design Studio II
- Interior Materials and Products II
- History of Design II
- Basic Design Studio II
- Interior Drawings and Rep. Skills II
- Interior Construction II
- Interior Construction III
- Interior Design III
- Interior Materials and Products III
- Interior Drawings and Rep. Skills III
- Interior Services I
- Environmental Studies I
- Interior Construction IV
- Interior Design IV
- Interior Materials and Products IV
- Interior Drawings and Rep. Skills IV
- Interior Services II
- Environmental Studies II
- Interior Working Drawing I
- Interior Professional Practice I
- Specialty Interior Design Studio V
- Interior Design Dissertation I
- Advance Interior Services III
- Elective I
- Interior Working Drawing II
- Interior Professional Practice II
- Specialty Interior Design Studio VI
- Interior Design Dissertation II
- Advance Interior Services IV
- Elective II
Hamstech is a well-known college for its designing and creative concept of education. It has 5 interior designing courses and each one is well-structured to tune youngsters into successful interior designers. It has a BA interior design course included among them. Let’s also see the BA interior design syllabus at Hamstech below:
BA Interior Design Course Syllabus
- Fundamentals of Design
- Materials and construction I
- Open Elective I
- Space Planning
- Materials and Constructions II
- AECC 2- Environmental Control
- Environmental Science
- Open Elective II
- Interior Design I
- Furniture Design
- History of Design
- Open elective III
- Interior Design studio II
- Interior Services
- Working Drawing and Details
- Advanced CAD
- Open Elective IV
- Interior Design studio III
- Professional Practice
- Elective I
- Elective II
- Revitalization of arts and crafts
- Elective III
- Elective IV
This course at Hamstech will teach students through practical-learning methodology with professional – Shabnam Gupta. She is one of the top interior designers in India. By the end, participate in the annual show – InteriYour Show to prove your talents and get placed with top brands.