A diploma in Culinary Arts is a course that deals with the study of preparing, cooking and presenting delicious food attractively. Which also includes technical and managerial skills that help them excel in the culinary sector.
There are various top specializations in culinary arts courses those help enthusiasts excel in their desired fields. Here we’ll walk you through the diploma in culinary arts courses, eligibility criteria and admissions.
Your job as a pro cook is ultimately enjoyable with creativity. But you will need to possess some skills of a professional, which you will build while studying a culinary arts course. But make sure you choose the correct one, that’s leading. Hamstech would be your right choice. Before that, let’s have a tour of culinary arts courses.
Culinary Arts Courses
Culinary Arts courses offer excellent choices at both the undergraduate and postgraduate levels. Let’s dive in more to get in detail info about them.
Certificate in Culinary Arts
Culinary Arts is a subject that fields the science and art of cooking, preparation and presentation. Certificate Culinary Arts Courses are where students study many aspects of food to become professional chefs and cooks in a short period.
- A certificate Culinary Arts course delivers advanced knowledge about the stream.
- These certifications are of short duration so that students can complete them without having to sacrifice their professional life.
- In certification courses, students have to pay hardly a few hours every day to take them.
Admissions to these certifications are usually accomplished on a merit basis.
- Learners ought to log in to the course provider’s website and follow the admission process for online programs.
- For offline certificate programs, students need to fulfil some basic eligibility criteria – class 12 certificates from a recognized board.
Diploma in Culinary Arts
Students can enrol for a diploma in culinary arts as it’s a more job-oriented course.
- Diploma courses are usually full-time, so students can opt for them to pursue, those who are looking for promising careers.
- Same to certification courses, diploma courses also have specializations to master the skills.
- After a diploma in culinary arts, the average salary is around INR 4-6 lakh currently in India.
Students can get admitted for a diploma course in Culinary Arts if they serve the basic eligibility criteria.
- For culinary arts diploma courses, candidates require a class 10 pass certificate from a recognized board.
- For PG Diploma courses, candidates may need a graduation certificate in a related field.
Undergraduate Culinary Arts Courses
Undergraduate courses in culinary arts are typically full-time courses and will take 3 years to complete. These degree courses reach in general or specialization forms.
Graduates of these courses can expect an average salary of INR 3-8 lakh as a fresher, which might vary depending on the skills they possess and also the college they have graduated from.
The admission process for UG courses in culinary arts is as:
- Students must hold a 10+2 passing certificate from a recognized board.
- Applicants who don’t have English as their language of teaching must prove adequate English ability before being accepted.
- After qualifying for the eligibility criteria, students must appear for entrance tests followed by group discussions and personal interviews.
- Those who are approved must hand in a physical fitness certificate from a registered medical doctor.
Postgraduate Culinary Arts Courses
Along with cooking methods and techniques with aesthetic finishing of restaurant-worthy quality, PG courses kick in the business knowledge, management skills and artistic aspects of cooking as well.
- The duration of PG courses in most cases is 2 years.
- These PG courses enable students to explore and refine advanced skills in cooking.
- The average salary of postgraduate culinary arts students is INR 5-9 lakh, which can be increased based on owning better skills.
Admissions are accomplished both on entrance tests and merit basis.
- Students desiring admission in PG culinary arts courses must have graduated in culinary arts from any recognized university.
- And for admission, students must perform well in the All-India entrance test followed by group discussion and personal interview.
As we promised to talk about Hamstech later, it’s time for it now. Why Hamstech would be the right choice? Because –
- It is the leading creative education college in Hyderabad with 30 decades of experience
- Learn from industry-leading experts
- Learn with practical learning methodology through webinars and workshops
- Easily step into the professional career with 300+ placement partners
- Gain real-time experiences with annual events
- Able to choose from different courses ranging from bachelor to diploma to certificate
- Can be part of interactive guest lectures with professionals
If you want to feel the comfort at home and learn the concepts with all these advantages. Then this is possible with the Hamstech app which possesses all the features.
I know you are occupied with all the advantages that it offers. Then why late? Enrol in your favourite course and become a professional.