Handmade Jewellery Design! Nothing can complete the whole look, without a jewellery piece! Agree? And there is nothing like the right piece of jewellery to match your outfit. If you feel otherwise, then start making handmade jewellery designs.
You will be able to become a jewellery designer through a jewellery designing course. To become a professional, you will require some good insight of knowledge and that’s where Hamstech offers you with jewellery designing course and professionals to guide you.
Are you eagerly waiting to design handmade jewellery designs? But waiting for some brainwave to get handmade jewellery designs ideas! Go through the blog to take inspiration for handmade jewellery design.
Designing Handmade Jewellery Designs At Home
Take inspiration from websites and jewellery stores. One will need some inspiration before drawing when designing handmade jewellery design at home. Browse online sites or head to a local store or craft show for selection and to get an idea of the jewellery collection. Once you are ready and boosted with the jewellery designs, it will be easy to begin handmade jewellery design.
After getting inspired begin with sketching. If you are not sure where to start, try sketching the basic shapes first and then begin trimming those shapes. If you are still not sure, just try some sketching for five minutes. This is because it might produce a design that you might not have thought of and surprises you.
- In order to start sketching homemade jewellery designs on paper, you will need blank paper and pencils. Before putting your thoughts on a paper, better browse the selection of sketchbooks until you find one that sparks your creativity.
- As you sketch your handmade jewellery design, label each part of the design with the material you are going to use. This is for the reason that, though it seems obvious to you now but you might have a chance to forget what you were sketching later on. So in order to avoid this, label the material over the sketching.
3.Consider the Colours
Incorporate your interests into your designs. If you enjoy bright and vibrant colours then pick them into your designs. You can also incorporate metallic colours in your designs as well, if you prefer metallic finishes. Designing your own handmade jewellery designs gives you the freedom to experiment and create whatever you think and like the best! Here are the pro tips for you to choose on the colours for your handmade jewellery designs ideas.
- Contrast dark with lighter tones.
- Pop the colours with the colours from opposite sides of the colour wheel.
- Create harmony by using 3-5 colours adjacent to the wheel.
- Match the colour with the two colours which are beside its opposite on the colour wheel.
4.Consider the Shapes
Think about the shapes like rectangles or zig zags in your handmade jewellery design while creating. You might also enjoy working with rounder shapes like – spheres or circles. But make sure you match the shape of the whole piece or ornament.
- For example, make a round bracelet with round beads, by adding a heavy, narrow bead hanging straight down from the chain. This is to elevate the shape and create a sharp triangular shape.
- Consider what your jewellery will frame. Sometimes it is good to include the empty space. For instance, consider hoop earrings – the emptiness of the hoop is the best in highlighting the wearer’s jawline.
5.Don’t Forget about the Wearability
It is very easy to get carried away and end up with something too heavy but there is a need to think about the weight of your jewellery and consider what it will hang from.
- For Example – A heavy necklace that drapes around your shoulders is less painful and might not bother you much more than heavy earrings dangling from your earlobes.
- And similarly, an edgy necklace could end up spiking the skin but whereas the jagged metal earrings are unlikely to hurt and hang away from the face.
6.Browse about Supplies
Take inspiration by heading to a store to gather jewellery supplies, like – beads, chains, strings, etc. Having these materials in hand may help you while sketching the ideas.
Jewellery Designing Courses
How to become a professional jewellery designer? Apart from creative skills, one will require a degree in order to get some technical knowledge from formal education. If you aim to become a jewellery designer, even through designing handmade jewellery designs, then leap into a jewellery designing course.
For the right insight of knowledge and to learn from profesionals, join in Hamstech jewellery design course. Grab the wonderful chance to learn from professionals to get ace the skills in designing jewellery. Also, with Hamstech you will have a chance to participate in Alankaran Show and Sale, to prove your talents.
Why late? Join Hamstech Jewellery Designing Course. Also, check out the Hamstech app to get details about our courses on the go! Get information about the curriculum and mentors and locate the nearest Hamstech campus through our app. So, Download Now and get started!