Planning to do some indoor gardening? To make your living space feel fresh and more alive, try decorating your interior spaces with indoor décor plants. There are many ways and many plants to interior designs with your creativity. In this article, I will guide you with the most beautiful and useful plants with creative ideas to décor interior with them.
Designing interiors and making them appealing is not that easy. But you can achieve it by acing the designing skills. You can master your interior designs skills just by joining an Interior Design Course. Hamstech offers an Interior Design Course through which you will be able to design interior stylish and lively.
Interior Decor Plants
1. Snake Plant – This indoor plant is very easy to maintain and best to decor your interiors with. You can even décor with them in small spaces or in open spaces. They grow straight upwards with yellow outer and green inners. They look beautiful in poorly lightening or even in bright contemporary spaces.
2. Fig Plant – Here we go with another leafy and beautiful indoor plant. This fills out the empty spacious corner. Due to their large sized leaves, each plant will not have more than 20-30 leaves. Place them on either side for your main door which brings a lively and fresh feel into your interiors. They grow somewhat big, so try them in open corners.
3. Elephant Ear Plant – This plant also has extremely large leaves, the same as an elephant ear, as the name suggests. They can be up to 4 meters long and also occupy a large space. Due to their size, they attract all the attention. To make it more appealing, black and white background works best.
4. Boston fern – Boston fern plants can be alive for decades. They have small leaves and form a bush. The best way to décor interiors with this plant is to hang them to form a waterfall like illusion. I recommend to décor them in your balconies or even with living room hangings.
5. Dieffenbachia Plant – These plants are of special variety. They look great with light yellow green leaves. They add art-like texture and go gracefully with white furniture and white backgrounds.
6.Air Plants – These are the most exotic interior plants. They are mysterious as they don’t need soil to grow. You can just hang them in your interiors or even place them in a glass water jar on the table or even in your selves. This glass water jar is stylish and appealing.
7.Dracaena – Here is another plant that lives for decades. This is also easy to maintain. This looks similar to the palm tree and brings that summer vibes into the house.
Create most aesthetic and appealing interior designs just by joining the Interior Design Course at Hamstech and learning the best designing skills.
How to use plants in Interiors?
Plants bring extra flavour of colour and texture to your interiors. Be sure to plant into a plant pot that goes great with your interior designs. Here are a few tips to adopt those that help to add vibrant to your interiors.
- Use different plants either individually or grouping. Why doing so, consider the colour, shapes and sizes as well. While pairing go with an odd number to group like three, five or seven. Try planting different plants in a single pot which form a layer effect.
- Study and determine the type of sunlight for the rooms and opt accordingly. Consider that a plant can thrive in low light, medium or high. Be sure that the room’s light is adequate to the plant because some can live under any sunlight, some are light sensitive whereas some are versatile.
- Try streaked leaves plants, which means they have more than one colour. They also add interest to your interior spaces. They are available in many colours.
- As we spoke about, the Dieffenbachia plant above comes under this category. These are especially for tropical and coastal decors. They grow in bright indirect light which are available in both large and small sizes.
- There are other types of plants in the same category which are nothing but crotons. These are available in various colours like red, orange, yellow, violet, green, pink and even in black. These are tropical plants which grow two feet high. Décor the staircase with these crotons for colorful view and for contrast pair it with green plants.
- There are several tall plants to place in your interior spaces at corners. Some of them are:
- The Cane Plant – This plant has leaves similar to corn stalks. The leaves are arched and have a golden band down the center. This is a tree-like plant, so try it in areas needing tall plants. They produce fragrant flowers at night. Place this plant near the staircase landing or at the corners. This plant requires indirect bright light.
- The Norfolk Island Pine – This plant needs bright light, that might be direct or indirect. This brings a small forest look to your interiors. To accommodate this plant you will need 2-3 feet flooring space. You can place them to fill empty corners or either sides for the door or sides of the dining area or living room.
- Dwarf Umbrella – This plant has plentiful waxy green short oval leaves. It requires 4 hours of indirect bright light, and grows 4-5 feet tall.
- Plants to décor with hanging baskets and tables.
- Baby Tears – This plant has very tiny round leaves. And it also produces tiny flowers. Plant these in a hanging planter and hang them on your balcony or over a table.
- Prayer Plant – This plant has green leaves with rose or yellow veining. It needs indirect bright light to grow and use it to group with older plants on the floor or on the tabletop.
- Pothos Plant – This is a vine. It is great to hang them in baskets on the balcony. Use it to wrap around your mirror which looks amazing.
- English Ivy – It has dark green leaves and variegated leaves. This will soften the harsh corners and shelves. This grows in low to medium bright light.
- Orchids – This plant adds colour to any décor. You can use it as a table top. This plant requires medium light to grow.
- Succulent – They are available in green and variegated leaves. Use this as a table top.
- Ferns – There are many varieties in ferns to opt for decorating interiors. You can use them on small tables and hanging baskets. They add a feathery texture and don’t even need direct sunlight.
Try learning and experimenting with interior designs and interior decors just by joining in Hamstech’s Interior Design Course.
Why to Décor Interiors with Plants?
Interior Décor with plants is getting more and more popular now-a-days. Not only do they make our interiors look appealing and beautiful, but they also help our health. They reduce stress and anxiety within you. Also they make you feel at peace and lower your blood pressure. Apart from health, here are the reasons, how are they going to help with your interiors.
- If you are not a minimalist and love to fill your home and can’t see some dead spaces within your interiors, then plants help to fill all the dead spaces. The easiest and most effective way to fill the empty corner and dead spaces is plants.
- Plants help to soften the hard edges of your furniture. They help to soften the hard angular edges like TV units, tables, cupboards.
- Greenery adds life to your interiors. They indicate the home is lively and lovely. They add that warmth in your interiors and create that lovely living feel.
- Plants can even fill out empty walls. If you have a wall that is fully furnished and space left over beside that and don’t know how to fill it, then the only choice you have is placing a tall plant.
- Plants also add colour when competing with other colours and they don’t even matter with what kind of background scheme you are going with. They always work great with your interiors.
To design and create unique interior spaces to trend in the market, start learning Interior Designs by joining an Interior Design Course.
Interior Design Courses
Want your passion to step into the profession? You can be a successful Interior Designer if you can nail the creative art behind designing spaces. Ace the skills from creating the framework of spaces to choosing the right colours and materials and styling them beautifully. This is only possible with the right kind of Interior Designing Classes. To become a professional, you just need to be consistent. For this, you need to choose the right Interior Design Course and college.
Hamstech with its experience of over 29+ years in the field, is best for learning at the Interior Design Course Institute in Hyderabad. You can get constant support from our professionals along with a celebrity mentor, Shabnam Gupta, who is listed in top 10 Interior Designers in India. This is going to be a boon for you to enhance all your skills in designing. Hamstech provides you a 5 variety of interior design courses, through which you can be a master and step into your career as you like.
Hamstech offered courses are as follows for your reference.
- BA Hons in Interior Designs is a 3-years degree course and is curated into 6 semesters. Focused on equipping students with skills to design interiors.
- Diploma in Interior Design is a 2 years course and is curated into 4 semesters. This course is specially focused to tune students with designing interiors with computer aided software.
- Certificate Course in Interior Design. There are two certificate courses in Interior Designing, in which one is of 11 months and other is for 1 year. Specially focused to develop students and prepare them to create aesthetic interiors.
- Weekend Course in Interior Design is a 1-year course which helps students in sharpening their designing skills and teaches about all the space management.
Our Hamstech Interior Design Courses will frame the students to opt careers such as:
- Interior Designer
- Interior Design Consultancy Services
- Interior Decorator
- Furniture Designer
- Set Designer
- Interior Design Project Manager
- Store Window Designer
Oh no! Haven’t enrolled yet? Why wait? Sign in to our website at www.hamstech.com and enrol in one of our Interior Design Courses.