What Interior Designer Salary can one get at a beginner level? With the increase in quality of life by Indians, the need for Interior Designers is going all-time high. So if you choose Interior Design as your career path, it would really be a boon for your future. So, if you are worried about the required skills, career paths and expected salary in India, you can come to know about all those here. Keep going through the blog.
Initially, You can start your interior design career at Hamstech by choosing your favourite course from 5-different Interior Design Courses. With this, you can successfully become a professional interior designer by learning from Shabnam Gupta.
We all strive for a good career with good earnings. Agree? For the best future we research things and come to the final decision along with passion. So, before knowing about all the info about interior design, we will first look into the Interior Designer Salary in India.
Interior Designer Salary in India
Due to the standard of living, the salary per month in India varies from cities to states.
- An interior designer salary stays between Rs 2,50,000 to 20,00,000 per year.
- An interior designer salary per month stays between Rs 20,000 to 1,50,000.
- The average interior designer salary in India is Rs 250 – Rs 350 per hour. Also, the maximum is around Rs 820 per hour.
- There is also a chance for an Interior designer salary in India comes with a bonus and profit sharing. This totally depends on the organisation.
Also, now let’s have a look over the different interior designers’ salaries in India.
Interior Designer Salary as a Freelancer
One will also have a chance to work as a freelance interior designer. This is for those who wouldn’t want to work under a specific company for years and wanted to establish their own business. The advantage here is, they can work with many companies and contractors, which results in a lot of experience and quite a lucrative salary. Interior designer salaries may not be fixed and monthly based. They get the payment depending on the projects. As a freelance interior designer, they can earn a good sum.
Interior Designer Salary as a Consultant
The Interior designer salary as a consultant is not less than Rs 10,50,000 per year. Interior designer consultants are paid on hourly and project basis.
Interior Designer Salary as per Top Companies
The interior designer salary per month in India varies from organisation to organisation. Following is the list of pay ranges of the most reputed companies in India.
- Average interior designer salary per month at Livspace is Rs 25,000 to 40,000.
- At HBA Architecture and Interior Design, Rs 22,000 to 28,000 is the interior designer salary per month.
- At Bonito Designs, the average interior designer salary in India is Rs 15,500 to 22,500 in a month.
- Interior designer salary per month at Asian Paints is 23,000 to 27,000.
- At Landmark Group an interior designer can earn 45,000 to 60,000 per month on an average.
What are the required skills as an interior designer?
- If you are good at spatial arrangements, architecture and textiles, then you are perfectly eligible to become an interior designer.
- Also there are a wide range of skills required as an interior designer will work with builders, architects, government agencies and business owners.
- In order to become successful in interior design, you need to be educated. Apart from technical skills, you must develop communication skills for a good network with the clients.
- Also, having the detailed information is an added advantage to an interior designer. To work on a particular project, in-detail knowledge is quintessential for interior designers.
- As interior design is a competitive field, in order to gain success, you need to grab the attention for designs.
- So, to gain the upper hand in the market, it is necessary to keep up with the latest interior design trends.
The job responsibilities of interior designers are, they work with clients to design and decorate residential and commercial spaces. They must be capable in construction, architecture and building and understand personal aesthetics.
They work with retailers, fashion designers and interior designers. Their job responsibilities might include advising on product development. For example furniture and home decor lines, residential and commercial designs.
They assist lead designers with design projects. Their job responsibilities might include sourcing materials, communicating with clients, keeping meeting notes and tracking expenses.
They help in selecting the visual elements used in brand merchandise. Art directors work with advertising firms, marketing agencies and production companies and also, manage other team members working on projects.
They handle the team members tasked with the different phases of a design project, which includes other designers and artists. They are responsible to ensure key project benchmarks are met, the project is completed on time within the budget.
I am sure that with all these you are tempted to start your career in the Interior Design profession. But don’t know how to start? Don’t panic. Grow through the rest of the blog to get a clear design.
Interior Design Courses
Bring out the creativeness hidden in you to nail the art and design aesthetic interiors. With this you will be eligible for a good interior designer salary in India. But to bring your ideas into live, you will need some Interior designing skills.
Also Read: Why you Must Choose Interior Designing?
That is where we come up with Hamstech offering 5-different Interior Design Courses. Why Hamstech? Because, it offers value education and teaches you with excellent professionals and industry celebrities. For Interior Design Courses, Shabnam Gupta is the Chief Advisor. Isn’t that really good?
So, why wait? Join Hamstech Interior Design Courses for learning Interior Designing at Hamstech. Also, check out the Hamstech app to get details about our courses on the go! Get information about the curriculum, mentors and locate the nearest Hamstech campus all through our app. So, Download Now and get started!