Cooking and culinary arts have the ability to make anything taste amazing and transform into something totally new. Especially when it comes to Culinary Arts, it makes us drool with its eye-catchy and stylish looks. Agree? People who love creative and experimenting with ingredients and recipes need training in the field of Culinary Arts.
You can shape your career as a professional cook with the help of a Culinary Arts Course. To be successful in the field, the foundation must be strong. You can find it at Hamstech, which offers various creative courses in the field. It offers the best Culinary Arts Course to tune you as a professional chef.
Start your career as a successful cook with Hamstech, meanwhile, here are some things to guide you through the basics of Culinary Arts. Every recipe will have its own style of cooking. So, let’s know what the different types of cooking in Culinary Arts are.
Different Types of Cooking Methods
In general, there are three types of cooking methods – dry heat cooking, moist cooking and combination cooking. Firstly, every method has its own way of affecting food to make the food tastier. Continue reading to learn more about these three main types of cooking.
- Dry Heat Cooking – This is all about cooking food without any presence of moisture or water. The food cooked in this method will have a distinct aroma and taste. This is due to the reaction where amino acids and sugars in the food turn brown at 300 and above degrees temperature. The following will come under this category:
- Broiling – This broiling is a very quick method of cooking and this method helps in sealing juices and flavour inside and leaving a crisp exterior. The best foods for broiling are meats, poultry, fish, fruits and veggies.
- Grilling – The best foods for grilling are burgers, meat, poultry and fish. In poultry, boneless pieces of chicken work best and will grill evenly.
- Roasting – This will allow the food to cook evenly and the food also gets even browning. It can be performed at low temperatures between 200 to 350 degrees. The best foods for roasting are meats, fruits, poultry and veggies.
- Baking – Baking is also done in an oven which uses indirect heat to cook food on all sides equally. The best foods for baking are cakes, pastries, pies, pizzas, doughnuts and much more.
- Moist Heat Cooking – As the name suggests, this type of cooking requires water and steam to cook food. Moist heat cooking will not produce brown crust like dry heat cooking.
- Boiling – Generally, this cooking technique involves cooking food in hot water. The boiling water produces bubbles which make the food in it keep in motion and cook well. Pasta, eggs and veggies are the best food for boiling.
- Steaming – In the steaming process, the water is boiled continuously to produce steam. This steam surrounds the food and cooks evenly which can be performed in many ways. Vegetables, fish and desserts are the best foods to cook using steaming technique.
- Simmering – This is a gentle method of cooking food in low heat. First, bring the water to a high boiling point and then set the flame to lower. Rice, meats, vegetables and grains are the best foods to cook at simmer.
- Combination Cooking – This is the combination of both dry heat and moist heat cooking. This technique works best for the toughest cuts of meat.
- Braising – This is a process of cooking food which is first seared in a hot oil pan and then transferred to a large pot to cook food in the water. Meats and vegetables are the best foods to cook in the Braising method.
Above all, are you wondering how to start your career in this field? Just join a Culinary Arts Course and start your career. You need to be very particular about choosing the right course in the right college to become a professional cook.
With its experience of over 29+ years in the field, Hamstech is offering the best Culinary Arts Course. Also Hamstech is well-renowned for its creative courses in Hyderabad with 8 centers spread all over the city making it easier for students to pursue. All the courses offered by Hamstech are well-curated along with expert faculty with decades of experience to teach. You can get constant support from our professionals and enhance your cooking skills. You will also have a chance to participate in webinars and workshops to upgrade your knowledge and skills in cooking.
After successfully completing the course in Culinary Arts at Hamstech, you can kick start your career as a
- Professional chef
- Owner of a restaurant
- Owner of packaged foods and more
So, why wait? Enrol in a Culinary Arts Course offered by Hamstech and make your dreams a reality.