Cooking is an essential life skill which comes into action every single day. While we do have a lot of food options and services available these days, it’s always good to know how to cook some basic dishes. There might be a lot of you who are naturally interested in cooking and keep trying out some recipes at home from time to time. If you are pondering whether or not to take up a professional career in cooking, then this is your sign to go ahead. Hamstech has come up with a brand new cooking course that’s been designed exclusively to fulfill the needs of all aspiring chefs. There are theory and practical subjects that form an integral part of this course. We have seen a rise in demand for professional chefs in the food and hospitality industry. From five star hotels to fine dining restaurants, there are a lot of different restaurants that are looking to hire professional chefs every new season.
Hamstech professional cooking course is for 3 months and includes a variety of topics that are very important in cooking. Right from different types of cuisines to knowledge about ingredients from various regions, it’s a well-rounded course that covers all the main aspects of cooking. Now that you’ve been introduced to Hamstech’s new cooking course, we will further discuss the course details in this post. But first let’s look at some points that will help you in improving your cooking skills!
How to Improve your Cooking Skills
- Practice your cooking skills whenever you have some time on your hands. Even when you enroll for a cooking course, you are asked to practice different techniques and recipes at home, from time to time. This practice time will help you understand cooking better. You will discover a lot of possibilities with the ingredients that you have!
- Experiment and try out different flavour combinations that you haven’t attempted before. You might be surprised with your results! Something’s that you thought might never go together, might end up being a match made in heaven. So don’t be afraid of trying new ingredients, flavour profiles and combinations. This way you can expand your cooking boundaries and add new recipes to your cookery index.
- Master the art of balancing flavours! There are different flavours, ingredients and taste profiles. You need to have a deep understanding of these to be able to balance a dish with different flavours.
- Improve your cutting and cleaning skills. Be it vegetable or meat cutting. A certain type of cut will greatly influence the cooking time and ensure an even cook throughout all the ingredients. Different meat cuts cook differently. So pay attention to your food preparation. Learn how to clean and cut different types of meat and seafood.
- Learn how to use different types of cooking equipment. There are many new types of equipment that are launched which are meant to make your work easier as a cook. Adapt and learn how to work with these equipment to make the best use of your cooking time.
3 Month Professional Cooking Course
Hamstech offers a professional cooking course that’s for a duration of three months. Hamstech has been providing creative education for aspiring students for over 28 years and is continuing to do that by introducing a new cooking course. Thanks to a lot of cooking shows, the awareness among people regarding culinary arts has greatly improved. This in turn has resulted in individuals wanting to pursue a career in culinary arts professionally. So Hamstech has made sure that you have the right sources to pursue your passion for cooking. To become a successful chef, from preparing glorious 7-course meals to presenting the delicacies to make it look appealing – you have to ace it all. Since there is so much to learn to become a professional in this field, it is important that you choose a college & a course that fulfills your needs.
The course content for this professional cookery course from Hamstech is a combination of both practical sessions and theoretical subjects. There is a lot more to learn than just cooking in a cookery course. As a chef, you need to be leading different departments, plan dishes according to financial feasibility, curate menus seasonally, train your kitchen staff and much more. For theory subjects you’ll be starting off with culinary history, methods of cooking, flavours and seasoning, basic principles of food production and culinary nutrition. Further you’ll be learning more advanced and business related subjects to cookery. Understanding various equipment and maintenance, food entrepreneurship, planning, purchasing and food cost among others. As a part of your practical sessions in this cooking course, you’ll be learning how to cook different cuisines like Thai, Indian, Italian, Mexican and more. Keto and vegan dishes are also included as a part of these practical cooking classes.
There are many opportunities that professional chefs can pursue. Now we have all the more variety when it comes to the kind of career you would like to have in cooking. Some of the most common opportunities that you can pursue after the completion of this cooking course are as a Professional Chef, Foodpreneur, Owner of a Cloud Kitchen, Restaurant Owner, Manufacturer and Retail Owner of Packaged Food. You could also create new options for yourself as a specialized food blogger, food critic or something that works out well for your ambition.
For further information regarding this professional cooking course, please check Hamstech official website or contact us through mail! We can’t wait to have you on board!