Bakery items and baked foods are the most yummy dishes to enjoy. Whatever the occasion might be, at least one baked dish will be there to treat yourself and your guests. That might include a cake, cookies, desserts, ice-creams, pies and a lot more.
Just think, turning baking into your profession will mean you can whip up any baked delicacy when some unexpected guests arrive or even just to satisfy your cravings. Yes, what you read is right, from easy on-the-go snacks to occasions to parties, baked food items are a must. So, here is the question for you- why don’t you turn your career into Baking? Yeah, you can start a career in baking, become professional and earn while enjoying baking.
In order to become professional in Baking, you will need some baking skills which you must have. To learn all those skills you will need to attend baking classes. But only the right kind of course can give you the best knowledge. Join a Baking Course at Hamstech and turn your beautiful career into a professional baker.
Before going into the details of this baking course, let’s first know what baking is about, history, types of baking foods and much more.
What is Baking?
Baking is the process of cooking food with dry-heat rather than on flame, which is done in a closed device called an oven. Generally most of us think baking is limited to cakes, pastries and puffs. There are many different types of baking foods available, which we will discuss later in this article.
Humans began baking bread over 14,000 years ago. The first oven was only about 6500 years old. In the earlier days, people used to bake bricks in the oven. They give a significant result when compared with the bricks dried up in the sun. Similarly, with the same scientific principles, the process of baking and drying out the moisture transforms the food into how we want it.
Different Types of Baking Foods
There are over hundreds of baking recipes available. For ease of navigation, we have categorized them into the following terms:
- Cakes – Sponge cakes, cool cakes, layer cakes, cupcakes, cheese cakes and much more. There are a vast variety of cakes. Basically every cake will have the common ingredients like flour, baking powder, sugar and eggs. Along with these according to the flavours and types, the rest of the ingredients will be added and baked in the oven.
- Candies – Candies are available in various forms like chewy, fudge, caramel and toffee. Every candy is special in its own way and taste. Also, each candy is baked according to the category that it falls in. These candies were categorized into two types – crystalline and non-crystalline. So basically, candies that are crystalline contain crystals in their finished forms, whereas non-crystalline candies don’t have them.
- Cookies – Whatever you might call them cookies or biscuits, they are loved worldwide. Cookies might be dropped, sandwiched with filling, sliced, folded, rolled and much more. They can be served as snacks, breakfast or even desserts. They are the best to kick out your hunger pangs.
- Chocolate – This is the most loved one in baked foods. Understanding different types of chocolates and how to use them will make finishing your product easier. Chocolates were also available in plenty of flavours and forms to treat yourselves and your loved ones.
- Custard – Custards are thick and creamy desserts made with milk and creams. They are soft, sweet and flavoured with various different flavours. Sometimes this custard is also made with flour. Custard acts as the best dessert after meals.
- Frozen Desserts – Is there any other yummy dessert other than a scoop of ice-cream and especially when it comes to sunny days?Frozen desserts might be frozen yogurt, frozen soufflés and ice cream cakes, pies and sandwiches.
- Pastry – A pastry is a dough of flour, water, fat used as a base in baked dishes. Pastries might also include pies, tarts, puffs and quiches. Sometimes pastries might also be available in cake forms.
- Puddings – Pudding looks similar to that of the cake. Pudding might be cooked either by boiling, steaming, baking and also even with chilling. This can be done either one of the methods or even the combination of those.
- Pies and Tarts – These are basically crispy, tender and flaky with the crust. They have some stuffing inside them that might be sweet or spicy in taste. The pies are enveloped with thin dough with filling inside it and baked in the oven to give a crispy and flaky texture.
- Bars – Desserts bars are types of bar cookies. They are basically prepared in a pan and baked in an oven for crispy crust. But bar cookies are usually softer than original cookies. Some might also be the cakes which are soft and fluffy.
Baking is a world-wide profession with a huge demand. You can easily make it your career if you have some innovative and creative baking skills in your portfolio. Don’t worry! You can learn it all by joining and learning a Baking Course.
What is the best course and college to join a baking course? I would say Hamstech. Because with its 29+ years of experience it is one of the leading institutes in India. Locally, in Hyderabad, It is well-known for its creative courses with 8-centers spread across all over the city.
The Hamstech Baking Course will teach you all the required baking skills, cakes, pastries, doughnuts and a lot more. It also teaches you styling the cakes and making them look appealing. Hamstech Baking Course is perfect for beginners to step into to master this artistic field. Hamstech offers a Baking course just with a 3-month duration through which you can become a successful baker. By joining our baking course, you will get a chance to learn from our expert faculty with decades of experience. Also the eligibility to join this course is also 10th or equivalent. After getting certified with our baking course, you can start your career as a home baker, cake stylists, patisserie and dessert specialist, confectionery baker and much more.