Makeup Training! The makeup industry is one among those that will remain to grow and so will the demand for professionals. Aspirants, passionate about driving people beautiful can indeed make a successful career out of it.
But there is a lot to dive into becoming a professional makeup artist. You will need to master the art of offering a flawless look to brides, corporate women and others. There are various makeup courses offered by beauty schools and colleges you can enrol in.
You might have yet to learn all the makeup artistry trends, but it is possible to learn and make a career out of it. Yes, step forward for a makeup artistry course to learn the techniques. But, ensure that you will choose the right choice like Hamstech to learn from professionals.
All About Makeup Courses
Going forward you will come to know about:
- Skillset for Makeup Graduates
- Eligibility Criteria
- Makeup Course Subjects
- Different Makeup Courses
- Career Scope
Below is the list of skills required to pursue a makeup course:
- Aware of makeup theory
- Attention to detail
- Efficient in customer service
- Efficiency work
- Time management
- Interpersonal skills
- Aware of current makeup trends
- Conscious about hygiene
The eligibility criteria for makeup courses are candidates can enlist in the courses offered at the top colleges in India that offers professional makeup course right after completion of their class 10. Also, candidates will not require any previous knowledge of makeup and beauty.
Makeup Course Subjects
The common topics imparted in any makeup course are:
- Advanced facials, cleanups and skin treatments
- Brow shaping
- Corporate/ bridal/ party makeup
- Skincare and Hygiene
- Bleaching, waxing and threading
- HD makeup for photography, filmography and fashion shows
- Makeup techniques
- Client management
- Airbrush techniques
Different Makeup Courses
This is where students learn about how to work as a makeup artist and deal with applying corrective applications in terms of cosmetics. During makeup training, students practice and learn about how to apply makeup that is appropriate for daily needs or for special days and how to correctly apply it.
Students gain knowledge on how to apply foundation and which foundation to apply on particular skin tones, blushes, mascara, eyeliner, lip liner, gloss, lipstick and etc. Makeup courses also include a theoretical understanding of face shapes, how to apply makeup on particular skin tones, the colour theory and different application styles.
- Hairstyling Course – Start with a basic hairstyling course after completion of your makeup course. This is an elective course that trains on styling tools, like rollers, blow dryers and hot irons and their uses for creating new hairstyles to enhance the looks of clients for any occasion. They are also trained on how to manage hair and style it according to facial features.
- Airbrushing Course – An elective course where students learn the correct methods of using an airbrush machine and also ways to apply them. It also includes makeup applications and colouring prosthetics for developing special effects. This can be carried out after the basic makeup course.
- Stage Makeup Course – Theatre makeup is different from others and students need to learn how to work with different directors who have different expectations. As a stage makeup artist, you will need to develop certain historical characters or a character in horror movies. So, with this course, students will learn how to add facial and body makeup.
- Special Effects Makeup Course – Special effects makeup is taught to students including the teaching of prosthetic casting, sculpting, painting etc, This course also includes the building of multiple-piece looks.
Makeup Artistry Career Scope
Employment prospects of makeup artists, hairstylists and cosmetologists can have an excellent growth rate. Competition is quite tough, especially for those who are aspiring to get employed at high-end organizations and movie houses. But those who are seeking the theatrical or performing arts sector might encounter a lower rate of growth.
Top Recruiting Companies
Given below is the list of top recruiting companies that hire makeup graduates:
- Body Shop
- Johnson & Johnson
- Fair & Lovely and much more
Get one on your favourite list to amplify your fashion looks with the best professional makeup course.
If you want to make a promising career in makeup artistry, graduate in a makeup artistry course that helps exclusive career growth.
And a degree from a leading college would be good because this is where you will learn the techniques in the right way from professionals.
You can get that at Hamstech and learn with practical learning methodology with guest lectures, webinars and workshops.
To enrol for a makeup artistry course, download the Hamstech app or visit the official website www.hamstech.com. Nail them away!