Fashion Design is the creative art of designing the most beautiful and aesthetic clothings and accessories. A fashion designer is responsible for creating clothings for men, women and even for kids. Clothings might include dresses, pants, shirts, suits and much more along with accessories like shoes, belts, handbags and more. Every outfit that is worn by us is designed by a Fashion Designer.
In order to become a Fashion Designer, there are a series of steps to follow. Complete the degree course, sharpen skills with experience, learn business in fashion, create a portfolio and keep up in trends. To learn more about Fashion Design, first, let’s answer a very simple question.
What is Fashion Design?
Fashion Design is the art that is specially dedicated to design clothing and some fashion accessories. This fashion design was basically categorized into two, Haute couture and ready-to-wear clothing. Haute couture is a dedicated collection to certain customers and is sized to fit for customers exactly. Ready-to-wear collections are standard collections and are more suitable for large production runs. Ready-to-wear garments are also categorized into designer and confection collections. Designer collections have high quality and are created to make a fashion statement rather than for sale. The thing is, both haute couture and ready-to-wear collections are displayed on international ramps and shows.
The first fashion designer was Charles Frederick Worth, in the 19th century. He set up his fashion design house in Paris. Before that clothing was made by anonymous dressmakers and fashion standards were derived from the styles worn by royalty. He was the first designer to dictate what to wear rather than following. Later on people were able to attach the face and name of the designs, that’s how his house became popular. And he created the tradition to have a designer for collections. Not only for clothing but also to represent the symbol of a brand.
To work as a fashion designer, you should have the creative personality along with drawing skills to convey your ideas of fashion in sketches. You also must be familiar with fabrics, colors, tones and shades. Fashion designers also must be aware of current fashion trends and fashion market requirements. They also must be interested in learning new things and knowledge of tailoring different fabrics. Most importantly they must be original and innovative.
In order to achieve all these you must be pursuing a Fashion Design Course to learn the skills of designing fashion.
What Courses Do I Need to Become A Fashion Designer?
A career in Fashion Design is quite innovative by adding beauty to clothing and accessories. The job of a fashion designer includes sketching, cutting and sewing, tailoring skills to give perfect fit and much more. To nail all those skills you will be in need of a best Fashion Design Course.
Here in India, there are many colleges to join a course and get certified. But here I’m going to talk about Hamstech because it is well-known for its creative courses in Hyderabad. With its 29+ years of experience it is giving its best to their students to pursue their career. Among all the creative courses offered by Hamstech, Fashion Design is one of them. It also offers different courses in Fashion Design. Now let us just have a look over them and know better about them.
Courses in Fashion Design
Hamstech offers 6 different courses in Fashion Design ranging from degree level to weekend courses. The main agenda of Hamstech Fashion Design Courses is to give outstanding knowledge of fashion design and master all their creative art skills.
With the right kind of course only you will become a successful fashion designer, from fashion illustration to choosing the right kind of fabric for an outfit.
- BA Hons in Fashion Design – This course in Fashion Design is a 3-year course which is a degree level. With its well curated curriculum, it is specially focused on design management, textiles, pattern drafting and garment construction form the core content. This course is perfectly curated into 6 semesters which is designed to turn you into a Fashion Designer. The eligibility criteria to join this course is 10+2.
- Diploma in Fashion Design – This course in Fashion Design is a 2-year program. It is designed to teach every aspect of textile business in fashion. This course is perfectly curated into 4 semesters which is designed to turn you into a Fashion Designer. The eligibility criteria to join this course is 10 or equivalent.
- Certificate Course in Fashion Design – Hamstech provides two different certificate courses. One is with a 1-year course duration which is designed to help students to develop in visual, manual and CAD techniques along with enhancing their creativity. Another is an 11-month course in fashion design which is designed to help students to develop visual, manual and CAD techniques that prepares them for professional work. Both these courses are curated into 2 semesters and the eligibility criteria to join both the courses is 10 or equivalent.
- 18-month Course in Fashion Design – This course, as the name suggests, is of 18-month. This course is curated into 1-year detailed study in fashion design along with practical training and participation in fashion shows. And a 3-months internship program after the course completes, which is an added advantage. The eligibility criteria to join this course is 10+2.
- Weekend Course in Fashion Design – This course is designed to turn passion for fashion into your profession. This 1-year course helps students to sharpen their designing skills on weekends. . The eligibility criteria to join this course is 10+2.
Apart from all these the best part of Hamstech Fashion Design Courses is they will have a chance to learn from expert faculty with decades of experience. Along with them you will also have a chance to enhance your fashion designing skills from a celebrity designer, Neeta Lulla, who is our celebrity mentor and chief advisor for Fashion Design Courses. She is a 4-time national award winner fashion designer and stylish in India. Learning under her mentorship will tune you into an upcoming successful Fashion Designer.
Along with all these you will also have a chance to participate in a Fashion Show organized by Hamstech to showcase your talent and become a winner. By the end of this course, you will be ready to step into the careers like
- Retail Manager – As a retail manager you will be responsible to ensure promotions, marketing, customer satisfaction, setting daily targets to the workers and much more.
- Textile Designer – As a textile designer you are responsible for creating 2D prints, unique patterns, weaves and printed fabrics, etc.
- Fashion Stylist – As a fashion stylist you are responsible for choosing the entire fashion show collections.
- Fashion Consultant – As a fashion consultant you must have a close eye on present fashion trends.
These are just a few examples to give you an idea of the various career paths in fashion Design. Apart from these, there are many more opportunities that await you.
Don’t miss out on this chance! Grab your mobiles and enrol in our Fashion Design Course.