These days, the focus has shifted more to skin care rather than heavy makeup. People are opting for more neutral no-makeup-makeup looks & there are more skincare fanatics rather than makeup lovers. The busy lifestyles and stressful routines may make skin look dull, uneven and tired. Checkout our top makeup tips and glow-boosting skincare essentials, recommended by experts to add a healthy-looking glow to your skin.
Oily skin is caused by numerous factors like genetics, diet, stress and climate. Oily skin is the result of increased sebum production, which can lead to clogging and enlarging of the pores. While a touch of little extra shine may not be the curse of your existence, the change in your skin’s texture isn’t ideal. The great news is you can make skin appear less greasy by using the right products. To find the ideal regimen for oily skin, you will need the right products and a routine to stick to.
Skincare Routine for Your Oily Skin
For an overall healthy skin, it’s important to cleanse, moisturise and use sunscreen regularly. A common misconception with oily skin is that moisturiser isn’t necessary and will make the skin even greasier. That is in fact not true! By not applying enough moisturiser, you’re causing the skin to overcompensate and produce more oil. A routine needs to follow a set of products & we have a list for you. .
Go for a cleanser which has a low dose of salicylic acid and treats acne without irritating the skin. It also clears up blemishes without over-drying, leaving the skin feeling soft and smooth. Our research & experience recommends the following products for cleansing
- CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser
- Neutrogena Ultra Gentle Daily Cleanser
- Aveeno Clear Complexion Foaming Facial Cleanser
- Olay Cleanser Gentle Foaming Cleanser
- Clean & Clear Acne Triple Clear Facial Cleanser
- Dermalogica Dermal Clay Cleanser
Moisturising Cream helps even the skin tone and diminishes dark splotches. It also brightens and moisturises the skin. Our top picks are the Burt’s Bees Brightening Even Skin Tone Moisturising Cream A botanical blend moisturiser that is rich in hydrating oils that features apricot, jojoba, grape seed and olive fruit is even better for your skin.
Another option is Olay’s Moisturising Face Lotion for Sensitive Skin is formulated with chamomile and aloe so that it soothes rather than irritates.
Some of the best budget-friendly moisturisers that give results are:
- Himalaya Herbals Oil-Free Radiance Gel Cream
- Origins Zero Oil
- Burt’s Bees Brightening Even Skin Tone Moisturising Cream
- CeraVe AM Facial Moisturising Lotion
- Kate Somerville Oil Free Moisturiser
- Plum Green Tea Mattifying Moisturiser
Exfoliation is important to rid your skin of the makeup residue & pollution that may not wash off easily. Glycolic acid is beneficial in lotions, peels and creams to scale back excess oil production and prevent the plugging of pores that causes breakouts. Glycolic acid peels are good exfoliators. NeoStrata Glycolic Renewal Smoothing Lotion and Drunk Elephant Glycolic Night Serum are some more exfoliators that go well on the skin.
- SPF – Sun Protection Factor
SkinMedica Essential Defense Everyday SPF 47 works great for oily, greasy and combination skin types. It protects the skin from damage against UVA and UVB rays and won’t clog the pores too. It is also hypoallergenic and free from oil, fragrance and parabens.
- WOW Skin Science AM2PM Sunscreen SPF50
- Lakme Sun Expert SPF50
- Good Vibes Sunscreen SPF30
- Neutrogena Ultra Sheer SPF50, are some other SPFs for oily skin.
And also Avène’s tinted mineral sunscreen provides maximum water-resistance and long-lasting hydration. It works quite great on all skin types and tones.
Retinol helps in thickening the skin and reduces the look of fine lines and exfoliates for an overall smoother shiny complexion. It is also a warrior lion product for oily skin types. Retinol is the solution for oily skin that exfoliates, increases cellular turnover and unclog pores. Retinoids reduce sebum level, increases cellular turnover and improves pigmentation. They also keep off the acne level additionally.
- Ingredients to Avoid
There are some particular things to be avoided if you really care for your skin, that is anything particularly heavy and pore-clogging is a no-go for oily skin types. Steer further from products that are in excess amounts of edible fat, oil, mineral jelly and cocoa and shea types of butter.
Warning against harsh scrubs, as these strips the skin’s barrier and results in increased oil production to assist compensate. Look for anything that won’t clog the pores i.e.; a product that has “non-comedogenic” on the label.
Makeup Foundations for Oily Skin
If you’ve got oily skin, then surely you recognise the grounding. Like – you applying your longest-lasting foundation, waiting an hour and then finding the closest mirror to touch up your run-out makeup. It’s gonna be too tough in the summer when humidity rises as you’re more likely to see your makeup going out beyond your control.
Luckily, you can prevent that ever-annoying scenario if you recognise which foundation formula suits best for your skin type. Below are the foundations for oily skin that keep you smooth regardless of the temperate outside.
MAKE UP FOR EVER [Matte Velvet Skin] Foundation – It has amazing coverage but is also very buildable and blendable. It has a soft matte finish that feels light. This foundation is also water-resistant and works great even without a primer.
Dior FOREVER UNDERCOVER Foundation – Dior’s long-wear foundation is best when engaged on brides or models since it has great coverage, a natural feel and a waterproof finish. Apply this foundation with a stippling brush to build your desired coverage.
a.Fenty Beauty Foundation – Fenty Beauty Pro Filter Soft Matte Longwear Foundation is a best-selling foundation that goes on undetectably for a soft matte, shine-free finish that easily builds to full coverage.
b.Make Up For Ever Foundation – This foundation from Make Up For Ever is Ultra HD Invisible Cover Foundation and it works well on oily skin or skin that can get oily under hot lights. It never feels greasy, doesn’t pool in T-zone or settle into pores. Plus, it is available with 50 shades, anyone can find their perfect match easily
ESTEE LAUDER Foundation – This Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place Foundation features a slightly thicker consistency. Mercifully, it offers a medium to full coverage that manages to look natural. And it is obtainable in 56 shades so you will not worry that the colour will oxidise.
LUMINESS Foundation – Luminess Air Airbrush Ultra Dewy Finish Foundation goes great, especially when working on a set under a hot light. It goes on in thin layers, so it lets skin breathe i.e.; uses 10 times less makeup and helps to reduce the shine while still giving even coverage.
Revlon ColorStay Foundation – Revlon ColorStay Makeup for Combination/Oily Skin SPF 15 is the bestif you are in search of a budget-friendly foundation. This is a special makeup product as it is super affordable, oil-free and transfer-resistant while giving medium to full coverage. It has salicylic acid, which helps oil control and you get sun protection too.
When you’re going to take photos just be aware of not going to put on this. It has an active ingredient, titanium dioxide, which causes a flashback that shows up a white cast in photos.
FACE atelier Ultra Foundation Pro – This makes the skin dewy, non-greasy. It needs no primer, buildable coverage and is silicone-based, which is great for oily skin. The interesting part about it is you don’t even have to set this liquid foundation with powder to stay in place.
HOURGLASS Immaculate Liquid Powder Foundation – It has a liquid-to-powder formula that absorbs oils and gives a long-lasting matte finish. It does seem like you’ve makeup on, but you are not in need of any powder or blotting papers, so you can put it on and go all day. The formula helps to keep oil treed so that you look glowy throughout the day.
UOMA Say What?! Foundation – This foundation is enough to handle your oily skin and also hydrating to prevent that dry look. While feeling good about cruelty-free ingredients, you can give your skin a flawless finish, with 51 shades. This coverage blurs the pores and fine lines and delivers smooth skin all day long.
IT Cosmetics Celebration Full Coverage Powder Foundation – This foundation gets better as time flies. The powder covers any uneven texture and tone when 1st applied to skin creates a glowy-matte look to the skin. There is an eggshell-like dazzling that you just don’t find with any other powder foundations. As it is a powder foundation, it will promptly mattify the skin.
What are Perfect Homemade Face Masks?
Forget about your local spa. Try these simple recipes and pamper yourself with the homemade face mask.
- Banana Facial Mask – Bananas are wrapped with ingredients like anti ophthalmic factor (vitamin A) to fade dark spots and smooth rough skin. B-complex vitamin to scale back the dryness, flaky-like texture. Tocopherol (vitamin E) to scale back the wrinkles and potassium to moisturise the skin. This fruit makes an ideal all-natural, homemade mask for skin looking and feeling softer. To create this, mash up a ripe banana and gently apply it to your face and neck. Let it sit for 10 to twenty minutes, then rinse it off with cold water. You can also mix 1/4 cup plain yogurt, 2 tablespoons of honey thereto mashed banana for hydrating skin.
- Vinegar Facial Mask – Using vinegar as a skin toner is just effective today. Mix 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar with 2 cups of water as a finishing rinse after you wash the face to cleanse and tighten your skin. You can also try the face mask by mixing 1/4 cup cider vinegar with 1/4 cup water and apply the solution to your face as a mask and let it dry to rinse off.
- Yogurt Facial Mask – To cleanse your skin and tighten the pores, you don’t have to go to a spa. All you need to do is slather some plain yogurt on your face and let it sit on the skin for about 20 minutes. For revitalising the mask, mix 1 teaspoon plain yogurt with the 1/4 slice of orange crush, orange pulp and 1 tsp aloe vera. Let the mixture be on your face for a minimum of five minutes and then rinse it off.
- Milk Facial Mask – Here could be a thanks to the way to give a fancy spa facial look at home. Mix 1/4 cup dried milk with water to give a thick paste. Then apply the mixture to your face and let it dry completely to rinse with warm water. Your face looks fresh and rejuvenated.
- Strawberry Yogurt Facial Mask – This is going to be a refreshing and tasty treatment. For this mash 5-6 ripe strawberries with 3 tsp full of almond powder and 2 tablespoons of plain yogurt. Mix up all until the pasty texture. Apply it to your face, let it sit on your face till it is dry and rinse for soft, smooth skin. Make sure to keep it refrigerated, if any leftovers persist.
- Egg Facial Mask – For pampering you yourself, grab an egg from the refrigerator. If you have dry skin, separate the egg white and beat the yolk for moisturising. For oily skin take the egg white add a bit of lemon or honey. For normal skin, use the entire egg i.e.; both white and yolk. Now coat your face with the beaten egg and relax for 30 minutes to rinse it off. I’m so sure that you will love your fresh face.
- Mustard Facial Masks – Mustard seeds provide bacteria-fighting Sulphur. So this mustard facial mask is especially good for skin sensitivity & acne. Coat your face with mustard paste for smooth skin. Let it sit on your face for 15 minutes and rinse with warm water. Warning-try it on a small portion of the area to test first to make sure it won’t irritate.
- Lemon Facial Mask – Lemons contain two types of hydroxy acids, AHAs and BHAs that remove dead skin cells and help clear up blackheads, acne and discolouration. You can make a facial mask by mixing the juice from one lemon with 1/4 cup olive oil or sweet almond oil. Or else you can also just mix the juice of 1/2 lemon with a tablespoon of honey. Now apply it to your face and relax for 15 minutes and then rinse off with warm water for a fresh look.
- 9.Youthful Skin Facial Mask – The name itself says it all. Banana acts as an astringent, helps to tighten facial skin and reduce the appearance of wrinkles. In addition to the banana add 1/4 cup of whipping cream. Mash them together, then add the Vitamin E capsule and stir the mixture. After all the ingredients got binded up well spread it onto your face and remove it after 10 to 15 minutes.
10.Honey Facial Mask – This homemade face mask is going to be a bit lengthy. Heat 2/3 cup of instant oats in 1/2 cup of hot water for 5 minutes until it thickens. Besides, blend half a cored apple with 2 tsp of yogurt, 2 tsp of honey and one egg white for 45 seconds. Once the oatmeal has thickened, add it to the mixture to blend for another 20 seconds. Finally, apply the mixture to your face and rinse off after 15 minutes for maximum nourishment. Try these hacks to include oil-free and glowy skin to your face.
Try these hacks to include oil-free and glowy skin to your face.
From a college student to a working woman, offices look to special days, special days to special occasions, we all are in demand with makeup to get that beauty look. So one can learn this Makeup course and be artesian. Since there is so much to learn in this field, it is important that you choose the right course and college to pursue.
Hamstech, with its experience of over 29 years in the field of creative education, is known as one of the best institutes to learn Makeup Artistry. Our course in Makeup Artistry is perfect for beginners and if you want to improve your skills. Hamstech offers you a 3 months course, which you can pursue either online or regular. With our constant support from our professionals, you can enhance all your makeup skills and by the end of the course, you can be placed in one of our 200+ placement partners, which will be a good start for your career or even you can step into your own business too.
As Hamstech is one of the best institutes in India to learn Makeup Artistry, you can enhance all your skills with our professionals. So, why are you delaying? Join now in our Hamstech Makeup Course and turn your passion for makeup into the profession. Enroll now!!