Transforming spaces from scratch into a slice of paradise is the job of an Interior Designer. They pull all their set of skills and technical knowledge to resemble our emotions into our interior designs. There are numerous Interior Design styles to design interiors, like – modern, contemporary, minimalist, vintage, rustic, geometric and much more. Interior designers work with contractors, engineers, furniture dealers, and many others to give your interiors a perfect look.
If you are an Interior Designer aspirant, then there is a lot more to know about it. Then education is the better way to learn skills required for it, which makes you successful. To know more about Interior Design, don’t miss out and read the blog. First, let’s answer the question, what is Interior Design?
What is Interior Design?
Interior Design is all about creating and designing spaces of interiors into aesthetic, beautiful and operative. Interior Designer makes spaces functional, safe, attractive with furniture, lighting effects and decors. Interior Design has changed dramatically and emerged as a profession since the early 20th century. There are two aspects in Interior Designs – one involves designing interiors and other entails decorating interiors.
What is the difference between Interior Designer and Decorator?
Interior Designer, after getting certified from a particular educational institute, will be involved in planning spaces. Their job is to ensure that the visual aspect of the space is enhanced and also the functional activity as well. On the other hand, an Interior Decorator will decide what accessories, paints and pieces that add beauty to the spaces and works are functional. However, an interior designer can also act as interior decorator as well.
Designing and decorating homes has been a tradition of Egyptian civilization. They adorn their homes with beautiful vibrant paintings and furnish them with animal skins. The same concept has taken pace and evolved into different forms and styles during the years. Finally, today it has become the trend and profession for many to transform spaces like – homes, offices, buildings and more.
People these days look to hire reputed Interior Designers and they are expected to have knowledge on
- Space planning
- Structural requirements for the building
- 2D & 3D CAD techniques
- Building information modeling
- Textiles, materials, colour
- Safety issues of the building and a lot more
What are the courses to become an interior designer?
A career in Interior Design is quite innovative. An Interior Designer is responsible, adding beauty to interiors besides making them functional. To give life to spaces, you need some designing skills to put in function. To master these skills, you will need the best Interior Design Course.
Here in India, there are many colleges to join a course and get certified. But here I’m going to talk about Hamstech because it is well-known for its creative courses in Hyderabad. With its 29+ years of experience, it is giving its best to their students to pursue their career. Among all the creative courses offered by Hamstech, Interior Design is one of them. It also offers different courses in Interior Design. Now let us just have a look over them and know better about them.
Courses in Interior Design
Hamstech offers 5 different courses in Interior Design ranging from degree level to weekend courses. The main agenda of Hamstech Interior Design Courses is to give outstanding knowledge of interior design and master all their creative skills.
With the right kind of course, you will become a successful interior designer.
1. BA Hons in Interior Design – This course in Interior Design is a 3-year course which is a degree level. With its well-curated curriculum, it is specially focused to attire students with designing skills. This course is perfectly curated into 6 semesters which is designed to turn you into an Interior Designer. The eligibility criteria to join this course is 10+2.
2.Diploma in Interior Design – This course in Interior Design is a 2-year program. It is designed to teach all the CAD techniques. This course is perfectly curated into 4 semesters which is designed to turn you into an Interior Designer. The eligibility criteria to join this course is 10 or equivalent.
3. Certificate Course in Interior Design – Hamstech provides two different certificate courses. One is with a 1-year course duration which is designed to teach advanced concepts of design mechanics and principles. Another is an 11-month course in interior design which is designed to teach advanced concepts of design mechanics and principles with a studio based environment. Both these courses are curated into 2 semesters and the eligibility criteria to join both the courses is 10 or equivalent.
4. Weekend Course in Interior Design – This course is designed to turn passion for interior design into your profession. This 1-year course helps students to sharpen their designing skills on weekends. The eligibility criteria to join this course is 10+2.
Apart from all these, the best part of Hamstech Interior Design Courses is they will have a chance to learn from expert faculty with decades of experience. Along with them, you will also have a chance to enhance your designing skills by learning from an acclaimed interior designer, Shabnam Gupta, who is our celebrity mentor and chief advisor for Interior Design Courses. She was placed in the top 10 interior designers of India. Learning under her mentorship will tune you into an upcoming successful Interior Designer.
By the end of this course, you will be ready to step into the careers like
- Interior Designer – As an interior designer you are responsible in creating beautiful interior spaces besides functional by making use of every small space in interiors.
- Interior Decorator – As an interior decorator you will be responsible to align elements and create pleasing atmosphere within the interiors.
- Furniture Designer – As a furniture designer you will design and create furniture which are functional and professional.
- Interior Design Consultant – As a consultant you are professional and will help clients to decorate and design their interior spaces.
These are just a few examples to give you an idea of careers in Interior Design. Apart from these, there are a lot more opportunities in the industry.
Don’t miss out on this chance. Grab your mobiles and enroll in our Interior Design Course.