A Diploma in Interior Designing! Nowadays, people want their personal and professional spaces to transform in an elegant yet classy way that reflects their personalities.
Interior design has now evolved into a professional field with an upraise and a lot of new options opened up. Universities/ colleges offer an array of programs in interior design and a Diploma in Interior Designing is among them. Going forward, we will discuss the diploma in interior designing course and admissions.
As an interior designer, it is ultimately enjoyable to creativity with some good creative skills, which you will build while studying an interior design course. Ensure you choose the correct one that’s leading like – Hamstech. Before that, let’s understand about diploma in interior designing.
Diploma in Interior Designing
Interior Designing is the art of creating aesthetically pleasing constructions that have an essence of what inspired the design. This is a course that aims to furnish students with the essential skills to become qualified professionals.
The course of study trains students to develop spaces that are functional. Some fundamental skills are taught during a diploma in interior designing:
- Structural essentials, building codes, safety and security issues and much more
- CAD software applications for 2D and 3D designing
- Usage of various colours, textures and more
- Work in a team with clients, architects, contractors, dealers and craftsmen
For a diploma in Interior Design, the eligibility criteria might vary from one college to another. However, the basic criteria are:
- Students must have a pass certificate of their class 12 from a recognised board.
- whereas some look for students who have had mathematics as one of the subjects at the +2 level.
- For some, candidates must clear the entrance exam set by their desired college.
But to join a diploma in the interior designing programme at Hamstech, the eligibility criteria is set in such a way that student must have passed their class 10 with a minimum aggregate from a recognised board.
The admissions process for this diploma programme can be done based on both merit and entrance examinations.
When it is based on merit, applicants can be given direct admission after considering the percentage acquired in class 12 examinations.
Whereas some might conduct a qualifying entrance exam to assess their knowledge and skills.
In Hamstech, the admission process to a diploma in interior design is merit-based in class 12 examinations.
Depending upon the university/college syllabus a diploma in interior design might change. But the common topics that you will study in any course is
- Interior Design and Construction
- Furniture Detailing and Sanitary
- Software Applications
- Construction Materials and Finishing
- Interior Decor and its principles
- Stone types and Construction tools
- furniture Layout
- Colour theory and Lights
- Paints, Varnishes and Distemper
- Concept of False Ceiling
- Plumbing system
- Sanitary fittings
- Layout of the kitchen and toilets
Hamstech Diploma courses cirriculum
But the curriculum of a dilploma in interior designing at Hamsteh is as follows:
Basically Hamstech diploma in interior designing is of 2 year’s course that is well-curated into 4 semesters to insight the students with concepts.
Theory of Design and Colour
History of Furniture
Materials – II
Constructions – II
Design Studio – II
Air conditioning/Plumbing/Lighting Services
Professional Practice and Costing Estimation
Working Drawings – I
Design Studio – III
Auto CAD – I
Acoustics/Landscaping/Networking/Fire fighting Services
Professional Practices Project Management
Working Drawings – II
Design Studio – IV
Auto CAD – II
Besides having a profound knowledge of the industry and design innovation, candidates must also possess some other essentials:
- Good Communication and Interpersonal Skills
- Strong Artistic Skills
- Creative and Imaginative
- Knowledge of Past and Present Style of Design
- Presentation Skills
- Drawing Skills
- Undertake Risks and more.
The future scope of a diploma in interior design graduate looks very promising, with lucrative job opportunities.
They can even choose to pursue further and enrol in courses like Bachelor of Design, Bachelor of Fine Arts and more to build up more professional skills.
Graduates will have a chance to work with big firms such as Urban Ladder, Livspace and many more earning between INR 6,00,000- 12,00,000 on average depending on the designation. The popular job profiles of an interior designer graduate are:
- Interior Designer
- Interior Decorator
- Assistant Designer
- Event Set Designer
- Wedding Decorator
- Business Head
- Design Coordinator
- Automotive Interior Designer
- Interior Lighting Designer
As we promised to talk about Hamstech later, it’s time for it now. Why Hamstech would be the right choice? Because –
- It is the leading design college in Hyderabad with 30 decades of experience
- Learn from an industry-leading interior designer, Shabnam Gupta
- Learn with practical learning methodology through webinars and workshops
- Easily step into the professional career with 300+ placement partners
- Gain real-time experience and prove talent with an annual event – InteriYour Show
- Able to choose from 5 different interior design courses ranging from bachelor to certificate, along with a diploma in interior designing.
- Can be part of interactive guest lectures with professionals
If you want to feel the comfort at home and learn the designing concepts with all these advantages. Then, this is possible with the Hamstech app possessing all the above features.
I know you are occupied with all the advantages that it offers. Then why late? Enrol in your favourite course and become a professional.