Are you wondering about the Fashion Designer Salary in India? These days most of the younger graduates are interested in pursuing their careers in fashion designing. And also they are eager to know the job description and salary of a fashion designer. That is why today our topic is fashion designer salaries in India. Keep reading to know more about it.
Start learning fashion design to design different apparels most appealingly with innovative creative thoughts. Put your creative thoughts live with fashion designing skills. Join Fashion Design Courses offered by Hamstech and become a successful Fashion Designer.
These days, people pick the garments from renowned brands. Agree? Fashion designers design different types of garments with new designs to suit the present trend. And a design comes to life with many factors. But the foremost factor is the trend in the market in fashion designing.
Fashion Designer Salary in India
The salary of fashion designer per month hangs on multiple factors. But the major factor is the location. This means the salary of the fashion designers in metro cities will be more when compared to those away from the city. Another factor on which the fashion designer salary in India depends is organisation.
Let’s now have a look at the fashion designers monthly salary according to the positions.
- Design Assistant – Basically this is the starting level position of a fashion designer, so starts from a low pay package. Their package might be between 15,000 to 25,000+ per month.
- Junior Designer – This is a middle-level position of a fashion designer. The average pay scale is approximately 25,000 to 40,000+ per month.
- Creative Director– Probably the highest position of a Fashion Designer. So, the package will range from a salary of 50,000 to 1,00,000+ which is pretty good and may also rise further.
Every company will offer a different pay scale for their employees according to their positions. But this can differ from one to another. Likewise the salary of fashion designer per month too.
What are the dependent factors of the salary of fashion designer per month?
There are many factors on which the fashion designer salary in India depends, below are some for consideration.
- Experience and the skill level of a fashion designer.
- The level of fashion designer salary in India per month as per the market.
- The certificate earned as a fashion designer is a degree/diploma/certificate.
- The brand that recruits the fashion designer.
- Changes may happen due to the rules and regulations as per the employment contract or appointment letter.
What are the required skills as a fashion designer?
As there is quite high competition for fashion designers these days, they will need to improve their skills level. I have listed below some important skill levels, which make you a complete fashion designer.
It is a major skill that is also vital and must be within every fashion designer. As a fashion designer, you must bring out something new and creative for the people with your creativity.
- Artistic Skill
A fashion designer is also an artist. They present their ideas/thoughts in the form of a sketch, which will further take modifications to make perfect business.
- Computer Skill
Basic computer skill is a must for every fashion designer apart from some specialisation over CAD(Computer-Aided Design). The designer must be well skilled in graphics editing software.
- Communication Skill
This is an important skill in almost all fields. As a fashion designer has a complete team, he needs to communicate with them constantly about designs and different factors.
- Decision Making Skill
As a fashion designer, you must be confident in decision making because you must decide on various facts. As you are the head of the fashion designer team will always ask you, this is the time when you need to provide a proper decision.
What are the major responsibilities of a fashion designer?
After being recruited for a project you must know the duties of a fashion designer. Following are some for your reference:
- Gather knowledge of the recent fashion trend to anticipate the actual design that attracts the customers.
- Usually, fashion designers deal with clothing. For this, they need to visit the fabric manufacturers to collect samples.
- With the growth in technology, the computer has made everything easy and fashion designers use CAD programs to create interesting designs.
- As a creative director has to take the final call, the fashion designer has to give a presentation of his ideas to the creative director.
- Engaging with consumers and retailers in marketing activities for the purchase.
Bring out the creativeness hidden in you and design beautiful clothing for different occasions for different age groups and be eligible for fashion designer salary in India. But to put your ideas into work, you will need some fashion designing skills.
Fashion Design Courses
As fashion design has gained huge popularity and rapid growth, it is offering various opportunities for new graduates. Why don’t you take a chance to get into fashion design, create interesting clothing along with earning good pay? Sounds good na?
To give future generations a successful life, Hamstech offers various creative courses. Fashion Design is one of them. At Hamstech, there are 6-different Fashion Design Courses ranging from bachelor to weekend. Also, you will have a chance to learn from industry celebrity mentor Neeta Lulla. She will be guiding you through designing skills. To prove your talent, you also have a great platform called Hamstech Fashion Show, which will give you practical experience and give you the real touch of the fashion world. You can enhance all your skills by being a part of webinars, workshops, seminars and more.
So, why wait? Join Hamstech Fashion Design Courses for learning Fashion Designing at Hamstech. Also, check out the Hamstech app to get details about our courses on the go! Get information about the curriculum, mentors and locate the nearest Hamstech campus all through our app. So, Download Now and get started!