When it comes to baking a cake, everyone aims for the perfect cake that comes out without sticking to the pan. No other alternative can give the satisfaction of a perfectly baked cake. Right? Baking a perfect cake is now in your hands with some simple and easy baking tips and skills.
You can shape your career as a professional baker with the help of a Baking Course. To be successful, the foundation must be strong and you can find that at Hamstech which offers various creative courses in the field. It offers the best Baking Course to tune you as a successful baker.
Start your career as a successful baker. By the time you start your career, here are some tips and ideas for you to mold yourself into your baking skills.
Tips for Baking a Perfect Cake
We all make thousands of mistakes in the kitchen, especially when baking a cake. Let me share some simple baking tips to follow, which help you to bake a cake like a master. You can never bake a disaster cake if you follow these simple tips.
- The first and foremost step is to follow the recipe exactly. We all do have a habit of substituting ingredients in the recipe if we are out of an ingredient or some other cases like – reducing the sugar, using liquid sweetener instead of dry one, baking soda instead of baking powder and more. I will not recommend this unless the recipe allows substitutes. Every ingredient is used for a reason. Better follow the recipe as it is and you won’t fail at baking a cake.
- If a recipe calls for an ingredient to be at room temperature, then make sure you are using the ingredients at room temperature like – eggs, butter, milk and cheese. Basically, every baking recipe starts with creaming the butter. This is the time where the butter holds the air and expands during the heat, which helps to make the cake fluffy. So make sure you are using the butter at room temperature i.e.; the butter must be soft while touching but not hot and cool.
3. Measure the ingredients properly. This is also another obvious step and we all tend to neglect it. This is commonly done with flour. This will happen when you scoop the flour. Don’t tap and pack the flour while scooping, this will result in incorrect measuring of the flour.
4. Make sure you are mixing the ingredients until they are well-combined and avoid over mixing and under mixing regardless of the tool you are using like – an electric mixer or a whisk. Over mixing of the batter will result in a dense form that might be a cake, cupcake, muffins, etc.
5. Whatever cake pan you use, make sure you are preparing it appropriately. Trace the bottom of the cake pans with parchment papers, which are cut into circles. Even after placing the parchment paper, grease the parchment and sides of the pan as well. This will result in a perfect cake. After baking the cake, let them cool down and run through the thin knife sides of the cake. Flip the cake over the working surface. Take off the cake pan and peel the parchment paper. If you are planning a sheet cake, then probably you will not need the parchment paper. You can directly grease the pan and bake the cake.
6. Don’t open the oven frequently and let the cool air in. Due to the drastic change in the temperature, the rising of the cake may be affected and will result in it sinking. So, better follow the recipe time and then see whether the cake has been cooked or not with the help of a toothpick.
7. Instead of wasting time searching for a toothpick, there is an alternative for you. Once you feel like the cake was cooked, gently press in the cake, if the cake bounces back fully then the cake is completely cooked. If your fingers are left on the dent, then your cake needs some more time.
8. Here is the most important point to consider for the perfect cake. Let the cake cool down completely in the pan itself on cooling racks. We often are in a rush and decorate cakes before cooling down completely. This will lead to a disaster and the frosting will melt. Also, avoid separating the cake from the pan before bringing down its temperature.
9. Finally, when it comes to cake decorating, simple and classic will do and is also easy for decorating.
With all these, I know that baking has sparked your interest. Don’t know how to start your career in baking? Just join a Baking Course and start your career in baking. You need to be keen on choosing the right course in the right college to become a professional Baker.
With its experience of over 29+ years in the field, Hamstech is offering a Baking Course. Also Hamstech is well-renowned for its creative courses in Hyderabad with 8 centers spread all over the city. All the courses offered by Hamstech are well-curated along with expert faculty with decades of experience to teach. You can get constant support from our professionals and enhance your baking skills. You will also have a chance to participate in webinars and workshops to upgrade your thoughts and skills in baking.
After successfully completing the course in Baking at Hamstech, you will get a chance to worked with the best and you will be ready to step into the career as a
- Cake stylist
- Pastries stylist
- Dessert specialist
- Owner of a baker and more
So, why wait? Enrol in a Baking Course our Hamstech is offering and become a professional baker.