Why learn a Professional Cake Making Course? You can learn quite a lot of things on your own through some cooking videos. But there might be some things that need some classes to learn from cake baking courses. You can consider making stabilised and balanced whipped cream one among them. So, without any cake courses, I will teach you how to make a well balanced whipped cream in your own kitchen, which makes your cakes and desserts look fresher and longer.
Learn much more about cakes, desserts and baking recipes and give a delicious treat to everyone with your baking skills. To learn from professionals, enrol in Hamstech, which offers a short-term Baking Course just for 3-months.
With a whipped cream you can do wonders, as it is perfect for any dessert. You can learn all of them from a Professional Cake Making Course. To a bowl of cut fruits, add some whipped cream and turn your fruit bowl into a dessert! To flavour this whipped cream you have an endless list like – vanilla, cocoa, lemon, cinnamon and strawberry.
First, let’s know why we need to stabilise the cream before gaining knowledge about the methods to stabilise the cream.
Why Do We Need To Stabilise The Whipped Cream?
The most important thing with whipped cream is consistency. If it is too soft, it can make your dessert stagger. Stabilising the whipped cream and piping it might become a dream. Whipping the heavy cream and stabilising it requires an additional ingredient. With it, it has a longer shelf life than regular whipped cream. So you can save leftovers in an airtight container.
Now, let’s step in to know about the ways to stabilise the whipped cream without any cake baking courses.
Ways To Stabilise Whipped Cream
Here you can see five different ways to stabilise whipped cream and its substitutes as well.
- Unflavored Gelatin – This Gelatin is common in bakeries and usually has the most extended shelf life. It also helps to hold its shape the longest. But it is not vegetarian and not a choice for everyone, so a substitute for this is agar-agar.
- Cornstarch – It works well to stabilise whipped cream. It is simple and easy, just add it after adding the sugar to the whipped cream.
- Confectioners’ Sugar – Take the advantage of the starch in the confectioner’s sugar which is either cornstarch or potato starch.
- Milk Powder – It takes advantage of the starch in the milk powder and also adds a more milky flavour as compared to the starch flavour.
- Pudding Mix – It contains starch, most commonly cornstarch or arrowroot.
Let’s now know how to stabilise whipped cream.
How To Stabilise Whipped Cream?
Stabilising Whipped Cream with Starch – for Cornstarch, Confectioners’ Sugar, Milk Powder and Pudding Mix.
- Chill the bowl and the whisk attachment for 7 to 10 mins. This is optional. But this is a great way to speed up the whipping process.
- Start whipping the heavy cream using the chilled bowl and whisk attachment.
- After 30 seconds of whipping the cream, now gradually add in the sugar or cornstarch or milk powder or pudding mix and whip for another minute until fluffy whipped cream. Use only the required amount of ingredients.
- Give the final touch by adding in the vanilla extract or other flavourings as per your taste and combine well. Your whipped cream is stabilised. But remember that over-whipping cream will result in the separation of buttermilk and butter.
Stabilising Whipped Cream with Gelatin
This might be a bit tricky but still relatively simple. First, start preparing the Gelatin.
- Place the gelatin and water in a bowl and leave for two minutes. The gelatin will bloom and become soft. Don’t skip this step, as it can be grainy.
- Dissolve gelatin in a double boiler until all the gelatin granules are dissolved. But remember not to overheat the gelatin because it might lose its gelling ability.
- Let sit aside but keep warm while you prepare the whipped cream.
Whip the Cream:
- Start whipping the heavy cream using the chilled bowl and whisk attachment, because this is a great way to speed up the whipping process.
- After 30 secs, start gradually adding the sugar and vanilla extract.
- When the cream is soft and has stiff peaks, add a tablespoon of whipped cream to the dissolved gelatin. This is to avoid the cause of small lumps.
- Now, put the whole gelatin mixture into the rest of the whipped cream and continue to whip until it forms peaks.
- Now stabilised whipped cream is ready and you can use it immediately and spread or pipe it over a cake or desserts.
Rather than trying out these yummy dishes at home, wanted to turn your passion for baking into your profession? With the right professional cake making course, you can become a successful baker from baking a different variety of delicious delicacies to styling them. Since there is so much to be a professional, you need to choose the right kind of cake courses and college.
Hamstech in Hyderabad is known for its Baking Course. Get constant support from our professionals and enhance your skills in baking. It provides you with a 3 months baking course, through which you can be a master and step into your career as a:
- Cake stylists
- Dessert specialist
- Confectionery baker and much more
So, why wait? Join Hamstech Baking Course for learning Baking. Also, check out the Hamstech app to get details about our courses on the go! Get information about the curriculum, mentors and locate the nearest Hamstech campus all through our app. So, Download Now and get started!